Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Take My Hand and Lead Me

My girls and I went to my sister Shellie's over the past weekend and went to Six Flag. On our way home we stopped in Cisco, Texas and attended worship there. One of the song's that morning hit me in a way that it has never before. I have sung (sang I don't know which is proper! LOL!) the song many times in my life, but in the wake of the divorce of my mom and step dad, it hit me different. I want to share the song with you.

Take My Hand and Lead Me
I want to live, dear Lord, for Thee, O keep me every day; A faithful witness let me be, Along life's rugged way.

When satan would my hopes alarm, O shelter Thou, my soul; Protect me with The mighty arm, Thy strength will keep me whole.

Let me each day, Thy Spirit feel; Increase my courage Lord, To walk by faith, endowed with zeal, Directed by Thy Word.

(Chorus)
Take my hand and lead me, Anywhere you need me; With Thy spirit feed me, Till I'm safe with Thee at home.

What a prayer! It was just exactly as I felt at that moment. It gave me a sense of easiness. A sense of courage. A sense of protection.

Mom got a call Friday afternoon from the Sheriff in Quanah that he had a subpoena to serve her for her to appear before the Grand Jury Monday morning. We all knew why. When she caught my step dad the last time cheating, he came at her. She pulled a gun on him to keep him from coming at her. He had pressured the Sheriff and the D.A. to try and indict her for the incident. They all tried to talk him out of it, but he still pressured them. So, my Mom, had to appear before the Grand Jury Monday morning to tell them her side of the story. She didn't get indicted. I prayed for God to be with her. For her to be in his presence while she was on the stand. She felt it!

God always answers our prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your mom has been through a lot in her life. With God in her heart and the love of her children she will be ok. She is very lucky to have a son that cares so much for her and is there for her. She is in our prayers for continued strength.