Friday, June 26, 2009

Starting Over

I haven't been here in a couple of months! Trying to get back in the routine of writing again.

I find myself at 45 at some kind of a cross road. My son thinks I'm having some kind of a midlife crisis! LOL! And so what if i am? Anyway, finding myself unemployed at this age is something i hadn't really put a whole lot of thought into.

Let's visit some options here:

1. I could jump right back into the business I was in and have to deal with the same issues that burned me out to start with. I just can't see me being real productive there.

2. Look for something outside the production ag. This is all I know almost! Spent a life time doing this!

3. Go back to school. But what?

I have always wanted to go to graduate school. Especially law school. It doesn't really matter what I look at going into, it's going to take more education. And at least 2 years of education. So what's the answer here? I have it figured out i think and feel really good about my decision. Law school it is!!! I have a year here to get ready. Take the class on the LSAT in Lubbock in September and October. Take the test in November and start the application process. I have another chance to increase my score in February. Hopefully by then I will have a high enough score to get in! I really only have one choice in Law School, Texas Tech! I have to stay near for my baby girls. Does that make sense?

1 comment:

Cindy Belt said...

If anyone can do it you can. I believe in you!