Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Newness of Fall


I know that it's still summer. Come to think of it, I really don't know exactly when fall begins. But fall is definitely in the air. The crops are beginning to mature, kidos are back in school, and we have our new AIM kids for the fall term. We have three boys: Taylor Morgan, Randall Young, and Angel Herrera, and we have three girls: (I don't have their last name memorized yet) Casey, Tracy, and Miranda. Our assistants this year are Brandon and Katie Price, and Matt Baggett. I am always refreshed to see such young lives involved in the Lord's work so early in life. Think about it for a minute, these kids are 18-22, not going to college, but working for the Lord. This is our 4th year to be an area church for the AIM program. This program has always been close to my heart ever since, my son, Jonathan attended back in 2002. I am so excited to have them, and so ready for their first long weekend. We have some of the best devotionals I have ever been involved with.

Now, my two baby girls are growing up. Sarah made the jump to Jr. High this year! Dad did not have a good day yesterday! I picked the girls up from their mom's house and took them to school. Lizzie was the first drop. Typical day in her life. Lizzie is a lot like me in a sense, always ready for social time and not worried in the least about school. We got to school and she had forgot her lunch box. Actually her lunch bag. I wonder what ever happened to lunch box's? Another time. Once at school again, I got the camera out and took her picture by the sign at Lockney elementary. Sarah reminded me that she did not go to school here anymore! Oh well, it was worth the shot! LOL! Sarah and I walked Lizzie into the cafeteria and hugged her and gave her a good bye kiss and left. Once we were back in the pickup, Sarah said "Dad, I don't want you to walk me up to the school. I can do it my self." I held back the tears as I asked her if I could at least take her picture. She said "maybe some other time".

Our kids grow up way too fast!

Thanks for reading this!!! God Bless!

No comments: