Friday, September 4, 2009

To be in my early 20's again! No thanks!

I got tickled in my class last night. We were discussing the do's and don'ts on your Law School application. Who to use as recommendation letter writers, how many, personal statements, etc.,...

When the subject of facebook came up and past criminal records. A few of the students (I almost called them kids, cause they are kids to me) were asking about speeding tickets, a few must have some alcoholic beverage citations of some kind. The question was exactly what do you report to the BAR association and what do you not report. I was laughing cause they were making these very broad statements about what they had done and how it had been exonerated, but still showing up on their record. Then, the Facebook thing came up. Will the law schools you apply to look at your facebook to make a decision about your admittance, and can they see your profile even if they're not friends? What I got especially tickled about, and maybe I need to delete mine, but there was one young lady that was completely deleting her whole facebook account, not just making it non-active, but a complete deletion.

Got me thinking back to my college days! We didn't have digital cameras, cell phones, or for the most part a computer. Our social network consisted of a few guys and gals hanging out at the UC playing dominoes or spades. And for pictures, there was this dude that went around to all the bars and took pictures, then you bought them from him. Easy enough, if you didn't like how you looked or what was in the pic with you, you chunked it in the trash. And, there was a company that was across from Tech on University that was in the business of taking pictures at events, then you could go down and buy a picture from them. I sure hope they dispose of those pictures ever so often! LOL!


Just to bring you up to date in the whole LSAT preparedness process, I took another diagnostic test Wednesday afternoon and improved my score by 4 points! Huge victory for me!!

3 comments:

Las School Podcaster said...

In terms of law school applications -- have you checked our our website? I think some of your questions might be answered.

Law School Podcaster said...

sorry -- I wrote to quickly. The name is Law School Podcaster

Anonymous said...

Not only past criminal records are checked but they (Law School) will also visit with all former employers.