Sunday, November 8, 2009

A pricked heart!

The girls and I made a fast trip to Quanah this weekend to check on mom. We had a really good time there with her. On our way home this morning we stopped and worshipped in Childress this morning. Trey Morgan is one of my favorite preachers and that whole congregation lifts me up. During one of the prayers this morning, my heart was pricked. The guy giving a prayer this morning asked forgiveness of our sins and then said something else, he asked that we forgive those who have sinned against us. That may not be a big deal for most of you, but it hit me right where it hurts. When was the last time I asked that I forgive those who sin against me? Then tonight here in Lockney, guess what Jay Don's sermon was? Luke 11:1-4 "One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples." He said to them, " When you pray, say:

"Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread. Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation".

Now I have read this several times. And I try hard to pattern my prayers after this. But, again, how many times have I asked to forgive everyone who sins against me? Not very often, if I ever have! Too many times I remember the things others do to me. And too may times I try to pay them back or get revenge.

Today I am going to start praying that I forgive everyone who sins against me.

No comments: