Thursday, October 8, 2009

October 8,1971

October 8, 1971 was a day that changed my young life. It's the day my dad was tragically taken from us in a farming accident. A day I think of often. Wondering about all the "what if's" and "why's". There is never a day that goes by that I don't think about him. On my walks/jogs I go by the house that we lived in when he died. Remembering when I was a child playing in the yard, plowing and planting with my toy tractors. Getting mad and throwing fits cause my rows weren't exactly straight. If he was nearby when I was throwing one of my temper tantrums, he would come over to where I was at, take the rake or hoe that I was making rows with, and make them straight for me. I have memories of him teaching me how to set an irrigation tube from a ditch, and when we would get home he would have to hose me off outside before mom would let us in the house.

We miss you dad! Can't wait to see you again!!!

No comments: