Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Just some thoughts!

A couple of things I'm thinking about.

How bout them Red Raiders!!! This has been one crazy ride! I have been a Texas Tech fan for years! Been through some pretty rough times! But even with the whipping we took from OU this past weekend, I'm proud to be a Red Raider. Never in school history have we had so much success! GO OSU COWBOYS!!! We still have a shot at the Big XII Championship!!!

The Big 3 automakers bailout has me concerned. I wonder what it would do for the US economy if they just gave us back that cash! Plus all the money the government has given to the financial institutions! WOW!

This will be my first Thanksgiving without my girls. At least I will have them Christmas. That was tough last year. They will be with family. They will have fun.

Harvest is wrapping up. Some time soon, I am going to start another blog on farming. More specifically the advancement in agriculture during the past 40 or so years. I think about my great granddad often and if he was still alive today, the changes that has gone on. There are very few original homesteads left in this part of the world. It's hard for me to imagine there being a home on every quarter section around here. And all the cotton gins and country elevators there used to be. Times have changed for the better!

I hope everyone has an awesome Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: