Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving

Well, Thanksgiving is quickly approaching! I was originally going to Frisco to be with my son and daughter-in-law this week. I am staying in Lockney to help my friend Kurt with his harvest. He is behind and needs the help.

Since my divorce, I have dated a couple of girls. I have found dating to be extremely frustrating! So many issues! So much drama! I had just about given up on the whole dating thing back in the summer. I don't know if I had given up or just really gotten good with just me. Anyway, Yes, I was a Match.com subscriber, that was more fun than a barrel of monkeys! Lots of people there with lots of issues and drama all claiming to be "looking for the one". I learned to laugh at most of them. At the end of my subscription, I had pretty much quit looking and ignoring the contact notifications when I got this last one, that just said "you seem like a normal guy". So I responded.

Amy and I tell everyone we met at a coffee shop in Lubbock. Which that is the truth, we did meet there the first time! We emailed each other for about 2 months before we decided to meet. We put a lot of effort into being "just friends". We met each other and had supper or coffee. I didn't even pick her up for the longest. And we didn't share cell phone info for the longest.

Dating at 44 (about to be 45) is tough. You have a lot more issues to get past than you did in college. Kids (and I wouldn't trade them for the world! They very happily come first), exes, their kids, you name it, lots of issues. It has become fun for me.

Amy was in the same position as I was. Just looking for someone to "hang with". We have had lots of fun so far. I really enjoy her company. She's lots of fun! We are going to the Tech game Saturday night. (SURELY WE CAN BEAT BAYLOR AT THE JONES!)

I am sharing all this with you to say that I am going to Friona, Thursday to spend the day with Amy and her family. Is this the next level of our relationship?

Be praying for me and Amy. Lots of questions still to be answered. Pray for my patience!

Thanks!

No comments: