Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Crown Jewel

I had supper in Lubbock with a really good friend of mine last night. She and I have been through similar situations within the past couple of years. Been in a couple of relationships that just didn't work. She shared some advice with me last night. And after thinking about what she said, I have decided to share that with you.

She said, "Don't settle for someone you can live with, wait for that person you can't live without".

WOW! That was one of the best "advice" statements I have heard in a while. Just coming out of a relationship that lasted a while for me, LOL! (almost a year!) that really hit home. Dating at 45 is no fun. And I have decided that I'm just really good by myself. LOL! I think that's a huge step for me. No Yahoo Personals, no Match.com, no nothing. Just not looking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, THAT is some good advice. S

Anonymous said...

Great advice!

Anonymous said...

Well good luck. Everybody wants to find that perfect one. Its a nice dream to have. However, Im 49 years old and would love to have someone that really loved me. Life can be tricky....be careful. Pray about it. Sometimes people can give some really bad advice. Its up to you to listen to your heart, not their advice. After all....lots of people let good things slip through their hands. I did.