Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It's a Coke or Pepsi kind of day! But I want a Dr. Pepper!

Do you ever find yourself caught up in the events of the day? Taking your eye off of the prize at the end? Making really random decisions as the day progresses that really aren't relevant to your goal?

You see, to me, life is made up of decisions. Some good, some excellent, some not so good, some terrible. I tend to focus on the "bad" or "terrible" decisions I make and get bogged down with them. I admit, some days are better. But I'm my own worst enemy. I think satan really joys in us focusing on our bad decisions. When God wants you to focus on the good things in life.

Philippians 4:8 NIV "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, what ever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things."

What has gone right in your day? Are you trying to decide between Coke or Pepsi when you really want a Dr. Pepper?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, every day. Prayer, focused prayer, every day. This helps decipher between the Coke, Pepsie or Dr. Pepper. S