Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Step Family

I talked to my sister yesterday. It's finally happened. My step family has split. One of my step-brothers has gone through a divorce. In order that my girls and my nephew Ronnie has a relationship with their cousins, my sister and I have continued the relationship with our ex-sister in law. Let me explain further. For years, we have gone to mom's for Labor Day. Our family has always enjoyed labor day together. We have always hunted, Joe Gayle (my step-dad) has always cooked this huge meal. I think I have missed one Labor day since 1988. My step brother Jim has missed several always blaming someone else (his ex) or some other excuse. When we would make plans in the weeks leading to Labor Day, and he was always coming only not to show up a majority of the time with out even a phone call to let us know. I have watched my girls be crushed when their cousin's didn't show.

This Thanksgiving it happened again. Still not willing to take responsibility for his own actions, Jim didn't show up again. So, my sister stopped in Wichita Falls and picked up one of my nieces that wanted to go to her grandparents for Thanksgiving.

So now, to protect our kids from all the drama and crap, my sister and I are going to have Christmas here at my house here in Lockney with my mom. It's kinda like my parents are having to pick sides. My step-dad is a grudge holder and somewhat blameless himself. Just a shame that no one wants to make an effort to keep our family together anymore.

I just have one question for me! What did Jesus do?
Pray for us!

No comments: