Saturday, December 27, 2008

Remembering

So far this year, I have been to 12 funerals. Each one always seems to bring back fond memories. Today, I went to Quanah for the funeral of Sam Breedlove. Sam was the granddad of one of my classmates from high school. Sam was one of those men that, in his actions, demanded respect. He was a leader of the community. I can remember when he was the mayor of Quanah. He was very active in his church. He was active in civic organizations. One of my fondest memories of Sam Breedlove was during my senior year in high school. I was a junior Rotarian and Sam was a life long member of the Quanah Rotary Club. Sam was the song leader. I remember Sam leading us in "God Bless America". He had a voice that stood out. Very strong and praising. You could tell that he was very committed to the American way. Sam was an American. He was a Christian man.

No comments: