Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Beautiful Day!

What an awesome day. I hate that I missed the sunrise this morning but got some much needed "rest" last night.

Just some thoughts for the day!

One song this morning!

(in my song leaders voice, which I do not do! I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket!)
821....eight-hundred twenty-one Hide Me, Rock of Ages!
I am skipping all the Base parts. If you know the song, you will hear them!

Oh thou blessed rock of ages, Trusting now dear lord in thee, Keep me till my journeys ended, Till thy blessed face I see.

Keep me when the storm clouds gather, Till the sun comes shining through, keep me till my work is over, Till I bid this world adieu.

When my journey is completed, And there's no more work to do, Savior guide my weary spirit, To the Happy land beyond the blue.

Refrain: Hide me O blessed rock of ages, Till thy blessed face I see, when the storm around me rages, Rock of ages hide thou me!!!

A beautiful, awesome praise to God to start your day! Hope it helps you as much as it is helping me! Keeping us focus on the goal today. Rom 8:28 (this is one of my favorites) And WE KNOW (that's you and I, we know) That in all things (not just in one or two, not just in the things we want him involved in, but ALL THINGS) God works for the good of those who love Him! Who have been called according to his purpose.

"We know", "all things", "those who love Him", "called according to His purpose". Follow me here. LOL! "We know" is to give us peace that WE know, that's what gets us through the day. "All things", every little thing right down to the breath of air we breath in and out to sustain life. "God works", He is always working to get us to him, we are His inheritance! "Those who love HIM", and we do! Without a doubt love and depend on him. "Called according to his purpose", Guess who that comes from? You are called! You are His purpose!!!!!

Peace!!!!
Preston

1 comment:

Michele said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.