Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hold to God's Unchanging Hand

Ok, I confess and repent at the same time. I am really struggling this morning so I am having to dig real deep for Faith today. I know it's there, just gotta get a knot tied off! Seems like the Paxil withdrawals are (along with satan I'm sure) poking their evil head up this morning. But you know what? I will survive this thing and God is with me. And you know who's right there beside him, interceding on my behalf? That's right! Jesus is! How do I know this? This verifiable, historical document, THE BIBLE, tells me so.

Go to Acts 7. You gotta get this image in your head. Stephen, a Christian man, "a man full of God's grace and power" (Acts6:8), has been standing before the supreme court of the time. They are really grilling him about his faith and some of the miracles he had performed. So, Stephen was stating his case, when at the end of his statement, he really scolds this group. Acts 7:51"You stiff-necked people with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You are just like your fathers: You always resist the Holy Spirit! Was there ever a prophet your fathers did not persecute? They even killed those who predicted the coming of the Righteous ONE. And now YOU have betrayed and murdered him-you who have received the law that was put into effect through angels but have not obeyed it."

WOW! Can you picture anyone standing before the supreme court and scolding them like this? Then the sanhedrin loses control. They were so mad that they grinded their teeth. Have you ever seen a wild boar hog that is trapped. He gnashes his teeth. Well this group was ANGRY, UPSET, MAD, well you get the picture.
Then look at what happens next. I want you to close your eyes and think about this for a minute.

Acts 7:55 But Stephen, Full of the Holy Spirit, looked up into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. v56 "LOOK" Stephen said "I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!"

Well, you know the rest of the story, Stephen is beat/stoned to death and he is with Jesus right now. Oh yeah, I almost forgot the "close your eyes" deal. Lean back, take a deep breath, let it out, close your eyes. Can you see it? Can you see Jesus there at the right hand of God? He's there!

I say all this to you cause this really happened. It's verifiable. The Holy Spirit wrote it down for us. It's real. Jesus is there!

Also, with my struggles today, as I get through the necessities of my job today, it is an awesome picture to have in my mind.

Ok Here's my song!
244.....two hundred forty-four...... Hold to God's Unchanging Hand.

(brother Dee would give us a toot on his pitch pipe and a "DoSo")

Time is filled with swift transition-Naught of earth unmoved can stand-Build your hope on things eternal, Hold to God's unchanging hand.

Trust in him who will not leave you, What so ever years may bring, If by earthly friends forsaken, Still more closely to him cling.

Covet not this world's vain riches, That so rapidly decay, seek to gain the heavnly treasures, They will never pass away.

When your journey is complete, If to God you have been true, Fair and bright the home in glory, Your enraptured soul will view.

Refrain: Hold to God's unchanging hand! Hold to God's unchanging hand! Build you hopes on things eternal, Hold to God's unchanging hand.


Grab a hold and hang on!!!!!

Preston

1 comment:

TREY MORGAN said...

Sure was good to see you this past Sunday!