Friday, June 13, 2008

Here we go!




Ok, This is a picture taken less than 100 yards from my mom's house Thursday June, 5. This picture is looking from the south to the north, on the south side of the overpass at Acme. This twister is basically on top of her house. I'm not real sure, but the tops of the trees that you can see are the trees I spent all day Saturday hauling off.

God's power is awesome. I love to chase storms, for nothing else but, to just see the power that we have no control over.

Mom and Dad were there when this thing hit. She described to me the rage of the wind and then the "calm". and then the pure fury that unleashed. Thankfully, and I am thankful!, the storm spared their lives. But God knocked on the door!!! I just sit and marvel at the beauty of the storm. If you didn't know what was going on inside the funnel, you would think that God is just putting his finger there. LOL! That's what it looks like to me. And who knows? Maybe His finger is there to protect Mom and Dad from the storm! An awesome thought anyway.

It also makes me wonder back in Noah's day, what the storm looked like. Was it just a calm country rain that lasted for 40 days? Or was there tornadoes and hurricanes and wind? Can you imagine what Noah must have thought? "Hey boys! Take a look at this! Water's falling from the sky! WAIT! Look at that thing over there, I can see it spinning, OH NO, it just took out Charlie's house and barn! What an awesome God we have!"

Now, I deal with farmers all day. We either don't get enough rain, too much rain, rain is too late or too early. But you know what, I have never not seen it rain when we didn't need it. And the storms that comes with it? We think of those folks as being "victims". A couple of years ago, all we heard about was "Katrina victims". We think of ourselves as being victims when we get hailed out. But just think of the folks that just might get a better understanding of who God is! Despite what Homeland Security and FEMA can do!!!

Just a thought!!

Preston

No comments: