Thursday, June 12, 2008

Standing on the Promises of God!

I know, I'm doubling up today. But I had a thought that I wanted to share with ya'll.



Standing on the Promises of God!



What a statement! What are we standing on if we're not standing on those promises? Here's a few examples that come to mind:

1. Our jobs. What promise do we have there?

2. Our success. What is our success if we're not standing on His promises?

3. The world. The world would like us to think that our promises are anywhere but in HIM.

4. Our Government. Now, Hillary is going to gives us a whopping .18 cents on our fuel for July! Now there's a promise! LOL!

5. Ourselves. I don't know how many times I have been let down by my own promises.

6. Our families. Although they mean well, those promises fall from time to time.

7. Our friends. Again, our good friends mean well but they still have psuedopromises.

8. My college degree. What promises are there?

9. Our possessions. In the event of a tornado or fire they are gone!

10. Law. Now that's a deep subject there. But law promises us nothing!



Now let's look at a few promises God has given.

1. Sancitfication

2. Grace

3. Mercy

4. Dead to sin

5. Faith

6. A heavenly place prepared for us.

7. The Holy Spirit to live in us.

8. Righteousness

9. Cleanliness

10. Success



I can look at these list, very incomplete list, and see which promises I want to stand on!



Ok it's song time!



598.....Five hundred ninty-eight.... Standing on the Promises!



Standing on the promises of Christ my King, Thro' eternal ages let his praises ring: Glory in the highest I will shout and sing, standing on the promises of God.



Standing on the promises that cannot fail, When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail, By the living word of God I shall prevail, Standing on the promises of God.



Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord, Bound to him eternally by love's strong cord, Overcoming daily by the Spirit's sword, Standing on the promises of God.



Standing on the promises I cannot fail, List'ning every moment to the Spirit's call, Resting in my Savior as my all in all, Standing on the promises of God.



Chorus: Standing, standing, Standing on the promises of God, Standing, Standing, I'm standing on the promises of God.



I struggle in standing in the right promises daily. Just a little something for those of you have share in my struggles!!!



Love all of you!



P

No comments: