Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Against The Wind




We had our Floyd County Ag tour today. I got to spend time with some old friends, new friends, and even made a couple of new acquaintances. These are my favorite times of the year. A time to get together and reflect.






We toured the RES Whirlwind Energy wind farm today. I have never had the opportunity to get up close and personal to these monsters. The blades are about 130' long making the totally length over 260'. If the turbine is turning at 16 RPM, the end of the blades are traveling at over 170 mph.
We had a record crowd. Usually we have somewhere around 40 -50 folks at the tour. 3 years ago, we had almost 100 for a tour that featured Senator Robert Duncan. Today we fed somewhere around 140 folks! It was a huge success!
Preston

1 comment:

Larissa said...

Oh no, I am certainly not giving up! Times like these, although settled, make me fight even harder to persevere. Sometimes when the door closes though, it's for good reason. It's all a matter of God's timing and patience and faith on my part to know that! I'm just settled in the unknown, fully aware that God is in the middle of the unknown I see. Thanks for the encouragement!