Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend




Labor day weekend's has a special place in my heart. My family has gotten together for Labor Day weekend for over 20 years now. I think I have missed only one of those. We do lots of different things. We always cook outside something unique. On year we had pork chops that were deep fried on a hay fork! LOL! Mom always has activities for the kids while the men usually go dove hunting. This year dove season opened on Monday. No hunting this year! And what happened to school being out for Labor Day? I guess Lockney is the only school in the state that has school on Labor Day.

This year, only my sis and her hubby and me and my girls were there. Mom and the kids had a parade Saturday afternoon. Sarah, Lizzie and Ronnie decorated their 4-wheelers, gokart, and John Deere tractors for the parade. It was fun!

Hope you enjoy this!!

Preston

No comments: