Thursday, September 25, 2008

Goals

I'm not much of a goal setter. I have always been one of those guys that just "got it done". It's budget time for 2009 at UAP/CPS (I don't know exactly who I work for right now, the name change was suppose to take place September 1, but everyone is still answering their phones UAP.) and I have set some really good goals for myself this coming year. I have mentioned that I have really struggled this year in sales. I can't blame it all on the company, some of it has been my fault. I have battled depression over the past year and 1/2 and just now getting back to "me" again. I always find it a little tough setting goals or forecasting the next year when we still have a crop in the field and all the farmers are still uncertain about what they are going to grow next year. The cotton market remains some what flat, especially when you compare it to the grain markets. I have lots of folks talking about no cotton next year, primarily talking about wheat and sorghum/corn for next year. I love my job. I have the best job in the world. I get to help farmers maximize their yield potentials. My favorite time of the year is now. I get to go out with these guys and talk about successes and where we can improve for the next year.

I look forward to 2009!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: