Monday, September 8, 2008

Rainy Days



What a wonderful day! We have much needed rain falling right now. I have had over an 1 1/2" so far with it still falling. Me and Kady (my pup) are watching it fall with joy.




God is good. He always sends us rain exactly when we need it. We sometimes think we need rain, yet when we get rain, we seem to waste it. I get tickled at folks who gripe about dry weather. When it does finally rain, the first thing they do is tie a plow onto a tractor and plow it out. We have some farmers that practice limited or no tillage. I wish you could see their crops when it does dry up. The crop hangs on much longer without showing signs of moisture stress. And you know what, their yields show the difference too. I realize the need for tillage, don't misunderstand what I'm saying, but with the technologies we enjoy today, there are better agricultural practices. These technologies are what keeps me interested with my career.

Thanks for reading today!




Preston

1 comment:

Larissa said...

No, I don't mind at all! I was actually going to leave you a comment to say thank you for reading and your encouragement.

I haven't given up on Tech. I tried to become a Texas fan, but that lasted all about 2 seconds, I just couldn't bring myself to do it! :)

Feel free to comment anytime!