Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Week In Review




Another very busy but productive week!
FINALLY!!!! The Lockney Longhorns snapped a over 2 year, 23 game losing streak!! We beat Claude last night 32-0. I was really proud for the boys, really for the whole community. Going over 2 years not winning a single game really puts the whole town in a self-esteem problem. Things are much better now, lifting the monkey off the kid's backs.


The rain this week is the "big" news for the area. We received over 5" here in Lockney. Lubbock received around 9", setting a new record for a 24 hour period. Over around Crosbyton, they got 11". I understand the water is flowing in dry creek beds in Roaring Springs and east of Crosbyton. I am going to try and take my girls over to see that on our way to Lubbock today before the Tech game. I have an aunt that lives in the Houston area and she is "hunkered" down riding out Ike. Keep her and all the folks down there in your prayers.




I have been disappointed this week in FedEx-Kinkos this week. I am having a grower meeting next week and I went to Lubbock Thursday during the big rain to have my invitations professionally done. They told me that they could set up the postcards with a 24 hour turn-a-round. At 9:00 pm last night, I finally got my proofs e-mailed to me. The proofs they sent me basically had the 3 logos I wanted on 3 different postcards. No text, no nothing. I got up early this morning and went to Men's breakfast at church, talked to Todd Bissett and he set me up, I ran to the office and printed them and got them in the mailed this morning. I feel much better now that they are in the mail. That has been very frustrating for me.




Remembering 9-11 had been another thing on my mind this week. I need to remember that daily. To be thankful for the freedoms we enjoy. The price folks paid that day to remind us how vulnerable we are.

Last nights radio show was another success. We covered 180 games last night! It is a blast to talk to folks across the region that had been to their game. Some disappointed, most excited!


I am looking forward to spending some time with my girls this weekend. We are going to leave at 3:oo this afternoon for the Tech game. The Red Raiders are playing long time South West Conference foe SMU. That seems to have been so long ago. I was watching a documentary on FSN a couple of weeks ago that recapped all the SWC games, year by year. I have fond memories of those days. Let's hope the Raiders show up today and put a whipping on the Mustangs.


Things to pray for this week: Keep me and my kids in your prayers. Pray for me to do the things I need to do to be all that I can be in the Dad department. Pray for my church family. We made some really big financial commitments to kids from our congregation that are either in SIBI or AIM. Pray for everyone to seek God's will in all they do. That we all make our bodies living sacrifices to Him. That this is not a one time thing, that we all search and strive to grow in our relationship with God daily. I know that I need that prayer. Keep the folks affected by the weather this week in your prayers. And, pray for my grower meeting. I have struggled sales wise this year and need to really ramp things up in that part of my life.

Thanks for reading!
Preston

No comments: