Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Metamorphis

At worship tonight, we studied the first two versus of Romans 12. Verse 1 "Therefore, I urge you, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship."Verse 2 "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will."

Paul wants us to understand one thing here. "this is your spiritual act of worship" Wow, what a mouth full. To offer our bodies as living sacrifices, I can't imagine, I can't even to begin to grasp the hem of the garment, my body being worth a living sacrifice. It is my hope that I am pleasing God, but I can't begin to understand that. I am a sinner, I struggle daily! The good thing about all of this, MERCY! God's mercy in awesome. That's another thing we can't understand, but will someday. When we get that awesome opportunity to see Him, we will then understand. To be transformed, this is not a "one time, on the spot" process. This should completely and totally discredit the once saved always saved theory. Your "transformation" is on going. Renewing your mind is a daily act. To continually change your life. You must pray and study daily to complete your journey here.

Just some thoughts I took form the study tonight. Hope this helps you a little bit!

Love you all!

Preston

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may be getting ahead of your study in Romans, my thought is not just mercy but isn't God's grace also so overwhelming? They sort of go hand in hand. Verse three begins with the grace given to Paul. I find it so interesting that all of the books Paul wrote he always included "grace and peace to you from God our father".

Shanny

Preston Belt, From just south of beautiful downtown Hydro, Oklahoma said...

We have been studying Romans for the past 10 months on wedensday night. Yes, His grace is awesome. I am reminded of the song "When We All Get To Heaven" what a day of rejoicing that will be!

Thanks for the comment Shanny!