Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ivory Palaces

We sang a song tonight at worship that I haven't heard since I was a kid. My friend and brother in Christ, Todd Bissitt, lead the song. Todd is an awesome song leader. His dad is a band director in the Frenship school district.

"Ivory Palaces" #343

1. My Lord has garments so wondrous fine, And myrrh their texture fills; Its fragrance reached to this heart of mine, With Joy my being thrills.
2. His life had also its sorrows sore, For aloes had a part; And when I think of the cross He bore, My eyes with teardrops start.
3. His garments too were in cassia dipped, with healing in a touch; Each time my feet in some sin have slipped, He took me from it's clutch.
4. In garments glorious he will come, To open wide the door; And I shall enter my heavenly home, To dwell for evermore.

Chorus: Out of the ivory palaces, into a world of woe; Only His great eternal love, Made my savior go.

In the past couple of years, the words of the songs we sing touch me differently. I have learned to worship in song, as we are commanded. Now I can't carry a tune in a bucket, but I love the singing part of our worship. The words sometime bring a tear to my eye. Can you imagine what the garment of our Lord and Savior must look like? All the splendor? I can't wait!

I almost forgot to mention it here, but one of my first post here talks about brother Dee Copeland. Brother Dee will be 100 October the 24th, and yes, he lead one of my favorite songs tonight, "His eye is on the Sparrow".

Thanks for stopping by today!

Preston

No comments: