Wednesday, September 3, 2008

AIM Kids

One of the things I absolutely love about my church is our AIM kids. I talked about the group we have this fall in an earlier blog. These young kids really push me to be the example God would have me to be. There is no question in my mind why He allows us to have the kidos for the time we have them. Many of the past AIMers we have had I still keep up with. My first introduction to the AIM program was in 2002 when when my friend, Russell "T-Bone" Harris, introduced my son Jonathan to the program. I fell in love with all the kids the first night he was there. The kids come from many walks of life. Some from very grounded, 2 parent backgrounds. Many from broken homes. They come from around the world to live in Lubbock for 9 months and get the best missionary training in the world.

Here in Lockney, we have had kids from Alaska, Brazil, and Peru plus many other states. These kids all have a single, binding influence, Jesus Christ.

My favorite time with them is their first long weekend here. They usually show up on Friday evening and stay till after worship Sunday night. I always make it a point to feed all the kidos on Saturday night. We sit around here in my home, share our Jesus stories, and really get to know them. I usually keep the boys here in my home. I have an extra bedroom and a bunk house that they stay in. They are a hoot! We have tons of fun.

Our long weekend is coming up in about 3 weeks. I am so ready to have them in my home. The only thing I regret is the fact that it's not my weekend to have my girls. All of the kids have left lasting impressions on them.

Love you all!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: