Saturday, September 6, 2008

The week in review

Just wanted to spend a minute here and reflect on the week.


The one thing that really sticks out in my mind this week was the RNC. I think the party is beginning to unite and rally around their candidate. Sarah Palin is for real. I think the picture of her family together on the stage after her electrifying speech was a sweet picture. Her husband, Todd, is a hard working man. He has won 4 snow machine championships. From what I can read about that, it must be extremely challenging. The Fact that she Sarah sold off the states luxury jet was very impressive. Her family didn't live in Alaska's governor mansion. She stood up to the status quo in Alaska politics. Her speech was absolutely, positively the best political speech I have ever witnessed. I think the unity of her family, even with the challenges they face right now, proves her ability to both govern and raise a family. And yes, the new baby will be a blessing.


Another thing that's been on my mind is the dead-beat-dad thing. I hope that all of you went and visited the Faith, Love Hope Ministries blog and, if you can, support this ministry. There are a lot more single parents out there that need our help.









I haven't talked a whole bunch about this on my blog this week, but my company continues to help me in becoming comfortable in selling corn seed. I spent all day Friday looking at different hybrids from 3 different companies we represent. I have always been a huge NC+ fan. I have been schooled up on our proprietary brand, Dyna-Gro, and on the Dekalb Hybrids. Hopefully, I have gained enough confidence that I can be successful in that area of my business.




I have made contact with an old friend. She and I first met at Tech many years ago. It will be fun getting caught up with her and her family.



The West Texas Friday Night Scoreboard show kicked up into high gear this week. I was about 5 minutes late getting there last night because of our game here in Lockney. It was full blast answering the phones and recording live reports. We had fun last night.



The Lockney losing streak continues. I think we are nearing 25 straight losses. Pray for my community in this endeavor. Small town football, especially in West Texas, plays such a vital part in our community's pride. Especially the confidence of our young folks that are living through this. We love you kids! Keep your heads up and continue to give 100%. This streak will rebound soon.




The 90th consecutive Floyd County championship was played last night. Lockney and Floydada has the longest consecutive rivalry going in the state. The trophy will remain in Floydada for at least one more year. The festivities last night reminded me of a small college football game. I think everyone in Floyd county was in Lockney last night at the game. You should have been trying to get to Floydada last night after the game. The traffic was almost like rush hour traffic in the metroplex! LOL! Kurt, Martha, Amy and myself did a little tailgating at the game last night. It was a lot of fun.



My daughter, Sarah, is cheering for the little league football team here again this year. I always enjoy seeing her get out in front of people and perform. She's a little bit timid. She doesn't like to draw attention to herself. I pray that this will help her in that.



As for the week ahead, looks like it will be a busy week for me. Making sales calls and prospecting potential corn seed customers. Also, Sarah has her open house at the jr. high Tuesdays night. I look forward to that.

Prayers for the week: continue to pray for our service men and women that are in harms way. Pray for all the single parents out there that are struggling to make ends meet without support from their former spouses. Pray for the AIM program at SIBI. I can't wait to get to see our Aimers tomorrow. Pray for missionaries around the world, both those that are currently working to spread God's word and those who are in training. I need your prayers. Pray that I be the best example to my kids that I can be. Pray for me to continue to look for opportunities to teach them about Jesus.



Have a good week everyone! I love you all!
Thanks for stopping by!


Preston

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see that you are blogging again! I love reading your thoughts and can feel the passion in every word. Thanks for sharing. My prayers are always with you.

Anonymous said...

I not only feel the passion but also the wisdom of a man who is willing to share his life experences with those needing guidence. Spread the word and most of all, keep the faith!